Unique Combination of Theory & Practice
The unique focus of Wittenborg is the integration of theory and practice into higher education to secure excellent outcomes for students.
Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands
- Wittenborg is Apeldoorn's International University of Applied Sciences, founded in 1987.
- We are a nonprofit, self-supporting university, approved as a legal institute of higher education, offering internationally recognised programmes.
- The safe city of Apeldoorn, is located in the centre of the Netherlands; 1 hour away from Amsterdam and only a ca. 5 hour ride away from Paris, London and Berlin. The university is only a 3 minute walk away from the train station!
- Bachelor degree programmes generally take 3 to 4 years, in blocks of six weeks. Students can enroll at anytime.
- Double degrees and combined Masters programmes are offered with the University of Brighton.
Exciting Career Prospects
- The combination of theory and practise enables students to build a successful and exciting career in the future, with secure prospects.
- All our students are involved in an internship as part of their degree programme.
- We have excellent contacts with business and governmental organisations, providing both teaching staff and placement opportunities from these fields.
- We instigate and carry out European and local projects within our research centre, in areas such as sustainability, entrepreneurship, education and health care. All our students carry out an independent research project.
Commitment to Students and Internationalisation
- We are committed to a unique student-centred experience through our personal approach, family-like environment and customer-driven approach to higher education.
- The university has around 400 students from 60 nationalities, and is growing!
- All programmes are taught in English, and English is the language of the university. However, students are able to attend free Dutch classes.
- We offer our students personal tutoring, guiding and support from start to finish, throughout the programmes. Enabling further academic study or positions in companies and organisations around the world.
- We offer top-notch facilities and services in a state-of-the-art building in central Apeldoorn, and offer a variety of student accommodation.
- Opportunities for top students through the Wittenborg University Fund and Dutch government scholarship programmes.